Finally, something savory.
Cream of pumpkin soup
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups pumpkin, cooked
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons maple syrup
Coriander, ginger, salt, and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a pot
- Add minced garlic and carrots to melted butter, simmer until carrots are soft.
- Add pumpkin, stir, then add milk, stir.
- Gently bring mixture to a boil.
- Add maple syrup and spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put soup in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
This recipe does not produce a large quantity of soup. If you are planning on serving more than three or four people I would suggest making a double batch. The soup itself is fluffy and creamy, which I really like about it. Remember not to leave it unattended, as dairy based soups are prone to boil over at any moment. It is definitely a savory soup, but the maple syrup brings out just a touch of the pumpkin's sweetness to create a delicious mix of sweet and salty flavors.
Sorry it was so long between updates, my computer decided to go into a coma for a few days.
Also, I made up this recipe, so no outside credit is due.
Tata for now,